New York City, Chicago, or the Bay Area
About Code Nation
Code Nation is a community of teenagers, technologists, teachers, business leaders, and other champions. A movement spanning cities, cultures, and industries, our community builds bridges across social and economic divides and unites people with the power to change each others’ lives.
Code Nation equips students with the skills, experiences, and connections that together create access to careers in technology. With a volunteer teaching cohort of over 300 professional web and software developers and a network of school and company partners, we provide coding courses and work-based learning programs to students who attend under-resourced high schools. Our industry-aligned curriculum and vast network of supporters provide students with the tech skills and social capital they need to break into the tech workforce.
During the 2019-2020 school year, Code Nation pivoted to reach 1,630 students in 72 programs across the Bay Area, Chicago, and New York City, 100% virtually. Software developers collectively volunteered more than 45,000 hours to provide in-person and remote learning in support of Code Nation’s mission in the San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, and New York City.
Code Nation is committed to being an inclusive, pro-Black, and anti-racist organization. Ideal candidates are committed to educational and tech equity and working against institutional inequities. We believe that anyone can learn to code, and everyone should have access to careers in the thriving tech workforce.
Code Nation is committed to its mission and ensuring that our alumni are entering fulfilling tech careers. The Career Success Associate will work closely with our Alumni Manager to bring this vision to life by implementing an alumni programming plan that addresses long-term programmatic outcomes gaps. The Career Success Associate will be responsible for creating and maintaining effective processes for communicating with our alumni, implementing programming and activities that support alumni as they seek and secure jobs, and ensuring that our data systems reflect the most up-to-date alumni information.
The salary range for this position is $50,000-$65,000.
The primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the Alumni Manager to design and implement a plan to build community for Code Nation alumni
- Establish and maintain a calendar of application deadlines and communication methods for dissemination of opportunities like scholarships, internships, meet-ups and events
- Implement a plan to highlight alumni stories with various stakeholders to increase understanding of Code Nation’s long term impact
- Re-engage alumni through direct calls, texts, and other innovative communication methods
- Assist in developing a comprehensive national alumni engagement plan in support of regional implementation
College and Career Success
- Coach alumni to secure entry-level jobs and internships at corporate partners’ sites
- Support implementation of Code Nation Career Launch Intensive
- Support ongoing technical and professional development for alumni
- Support design and lead implementation of Code Nation formal mentorship program
- Cultivate deeper partnerships with colleges where alumni already attend to identify areas for collaboration and increased support
- Support the development of a series of tools and resources that assist alumni as they pursue Computer Science degrees
- Research, curate, and distribute information about college CS degree programs like degree prerequisites and requirements
Data Collection & Quality Control
- Collect and maintain alumni data in SalesForce CRM
- Conduct regular audits of Salesforce to ensure data integrity
- Track alumni engagement and produce reports relevant to program needs
Skills and Qualifications
Success in this position will require, but not be limited to, the following proven experiences and competencies:
What you’ve accomplished (required):
- 1+ years of education, business development or non-profit experience working with diverse groups
- Demonstrated success in a role counseling young adults through their job search and career transitions
- Experience implementing alumni engagement tactics
- Experience building partnerships with corporate partners and post-secondary institutions
- Experience marketing programs and events to young adults
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM software
Skills you have developed and knowledge you have acquired:
- Ability to manage and leverage relationships across multiple stakeholder groups
- Knowledge of the steps needed to secure a career in technology
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to effectively communicate and collaborate across multiple teams to support seamless program execution
- Experience creating, curating, and distributing Social Media Content
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated success managing many projects at once
- Proficiency with Google Suite
How you work and what you value:
- Deep commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Comfort with ambiguity while finding the responsibility of driving towards clarity energizing
- Self starter and entrepreneurial
- Comfortable with failure with learning as a path towards success
- Enjoys working on a team and operates in a way that will build trust with teammates
- Driven towards measurable results
- Knowledge of and/or interest in computer science, technology, and/or collegiate education preferred
What You Can Expect
Code Nation has a high-performing culture characterized by our desire to provide our staff members with the support, resources, and information they need to be successful in our organization and in the non-profit field in general. If you take on this position, you can expect to be offered a compensation package, including salary and benefits, that will be commensurate with your experience and competitive within the non-profit sector. Some of the benefits we offer to our staff members include, but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance and a Flex spending account for out of pocket medical costs
- Generous Time Off policy-15 days of paid time off & 14 paid holidays/office closures
- 401k Retirement Plan
How to Apply
Code Nation is partnering with RCG Talent Solutions to find our next Career Success Associate. Please follow this link to submit your application and direct all questions to Miranda Cortez (email@example.com).
Code Nation strives to build a staff and board that reflect the cultural diversity of the communities and neighborhoods we serve. Code Nation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. BIPOC individuals are encouraged to apply.