New York City, Chicago, or the Bay Area
About Code Nation
Code Nation is a community of teenagers, technologists, teachers, business leaders, and other champions. A movement spanning cities, cultures, and industries, our community builds bridges across social and economic divides and unites people with the power to change each others’ lives.
Code Nation equips students with the skills, experiences, and connections that together create access to careers in technology. With a volunteer teaching cohort of over 300 professional web and software developers and a network of school and company partners, we provide coding courses and work-based learning programs to students who attend under-resourced high schools. Our industry-aligned curriculum and vast network of supporters provide students with the tech skills and social capital they need to break into the tech workforce.
During the 2019-2020 school year, Code Nation pivoted to reach 1,630 students in 72 programs across the Bay Area, Chicago, and New York City, 100% virtually. Software developers collectively volunteered more than 45,000 hours to provide in-person and remote learning in support of Code Nation’s mission in the San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, and New York City.
Code Nation is committed to being an inclusive, pro-Black, and anti-racist organization. Ideal candidates are committed to educational and tech equity and working against institutional inequities. We believe that anyone can learn to code, and everyone should have access to careers in the thriving tech workforce.
An ideal candidate for this role has experience supporting complex teams and programmatic work. The Program Operations Manager will work to increase the capacity of our regional programs teams to provide stellar programming to our students. In year one, primary responsibilities will include managing the selection of and transition to a comprehensive knowledge management software solution. The Manager, Program Operations’ role is to ensure that program teams have access to the tools, resources, and data they need to effectively deliver our programming.
The ideal candidate will have experience implementing knowledge management principles and coordinating the rollout of resources, tools, and processes while getting buy-in from various stakeholders. This person is a collaborative team player and has experience supporting multiple workstreams that involve different teams within an organization. Knowledge of the principles of effective teaching and/or coaching would also be useful in this role. The Manager, Program Operations reports to the National Program Director.
The salary range for this position is $60,000-$72,000.
The primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the Program Directors and other stakeholders to identify needs and opportunities related to program implementation and use that feedback to develop solutions that will lead to more effective program delivery
- Serve as project manager for solutions implementation rollouts to teams across the organization
- Effectively engage and cultivate buy-in around the tool from key stakeholders, including students, volunteers, and school and corporate partners
- Work with other stakeholders to understand their needs in order to inform the solution development process
- Collect and maintain tools and resources associated with our programming
- Solicit and incorporate feedback on resources, tools and processes from regional programs teams with an eye toward continuous improvement
- Proactively flag when tools or processes do not exist but should and work to develop them
- Manage the rollout of new material and/or functionality in the system as updates are made
- Assist in drafting new material for the platform with guidance from program teams
Platform Management and Program Support
- Develop and implement a tech solutions integration strategy across all of our platforms to ensure that program team members and potential partners have the data and resources they need for program delivery
- Support the development of an external-facing tech solution that equips external partners with the curriculum, materials and resources they need to implement our programming
- Create and conduct training sessions to orient colleagues to the knowledge management platform
- Maintain key functionality in the platform and troubleshoot issues as they arise
Skills and Qualifications
Success in this position will require, but not be limited to, the following proven experiences and competencies:
What you’ve accomplished (required):
- Held a role where you’ve managed complex, multifaceted projects to successful outcomes
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to effectively communicate and collaborate across multiple teams to support seamless program operations
- Proficiency with Google Suite
- 2+ years of education or non-profit experience working to devise tech solutions to complex problems
Skills you have developed and knowledge you have acquired:
- Familiarity with ed tech solutions
- Ability to initiate and maintain a feedback loop with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to facilitate a design thinking process
- High-level communications skills, including the ability to create buy-in with multiple stakeholders
- Exceptional attention to detail
How you work and what you value:
- Deep commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, as well as educational and tech equity
- Comfort with ambiguity while finding the responsibility of driving towards clarity energizing
- Enjoy iterative work
- Self starter and entrepreneurial. Comfortable with failure with learning as a path towards success
- Enjoys working on a team and operates in a way that will build trust with teammates
- Driven towards measurable results
What You Can Expect
Code Nation has a high-performing culture characterized by our desire to provide our staff members with the support, resources, and information they need to be successful in our organization and in the non-profit field in general. If you take on this position, you can expect to be offered a compensation package, including salary and benefits, that will be commensurate with your experience and competitive within the non-profit sector. Some of the benefits we offer to our staff members include, but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance and a Flex spending account for out of pocket medical costs
- Generous Time Off policy-15 days of paid time off & 14 paid holidays/office closures
- 401k Retirement Plan
How to Apply
Code Nation is partnering with RCG Talent Solutions to find our Manager, Program Operations. Please follow this link to submit your application and direct all questions to Miranda Cortez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Code Nation strives to build a staff and board that reflect the cultural diversity of the communities and neighborhoods we serve. Code Nation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. BIPOC individuals are encouraged to apply.